Trade Products Insurance

Trade Products Insurance

We specialise in sourcing insurance for the building and allied trades and can offer a range of insurance products that ensure your business is fully protected against all insurable risks.

Depending on your trade, the project you are working on, the potential risks and the specialist skills involved, your policy can comprise the following types of insurance:

Public Liability
Although not a legal requirement, public liability insurance is essential for any business, large or small, as it covers your legal liability to pay compensation to members of the public for death, injury or damage to their property arising in the course of your business. It also covers legal fees, costs and expenses.

Products Liability
This type of insurance covers the legal liability of your business for injury or damage that arises from defects in the design or manufacture of goods made, repaired, sold or supplied by you in the course of your business.

Employers Liability
Covering your legal liability as an employer for injury, disease or death sustained by your staff in the course of their employment.

Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT)
Contracts may be governed by JCT conditions, with fairly complicated insurance requirements, ensuring that the contractor is fully covered in case of an accident or against losses. We will work with you to meet the insurance requirements of your contract, whether specified peril or all risks, making sure you have the necessary insurance in place.

Contract Works
This insurance covers the cost of any losses or damage occurring to work undertaken, such as a nearly complete house burning down or becoming flooded.

Hired in Plant
Loss, theft or damage to hired tools and equipment pose a potentially big risk, as not only would you be liable for the cost of the equipment, but also rental charges for every day the rental company is without their equipment. This cover ensures your hired equipment is fully insured against such risks.

Plant & Machinery
Carrying out contractual site work carries a high level of risk for your plant, machinery and tools. This cover insured you plant and machinery against loss, theft and damage.

This provides cover for your tools, equipment, scaffolding or other items used in the course of your work against damage, loss or theft.

Commercial Vehicles Fleet Insurance
Whatever the nature of the commercial vehicles you use in the course of your business, whether trucks, vans, mobile plant, site clearing plant, excavators, cranes, bulldozers or otherwise, we provide specialist commercial vehicle insurance to meet your specific requirements.

Depending on your requirements, all or some of these covers can be included in your policy, giving you the peace of mind that you, your business, your assets, equipment and vehicles and all third parties are protected.

We will carry out a full risk assessment to highlight your exposure and will advise on the level of cover you need to have in place.